Work Certifications


Helping you find employment

australia (1)

Working Holiday Maker

Ready to give yourself a global advantage and start working in Australia?

Studying in Australia represents a big chapter of your life. We look forward to welcoming you on this exciting adventure and helping you through your journey to make your time in Australia memorable and fruitful. Want to get started or just curious to learn more? Enter your details so we can reach out.

Work in Australia

International student visa-holders have the ability to work in Australia for up to 40 hours per fortnight, and full-time during semester breaks.

Additionally, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a relaxation of working hours for student visa holders working in specific sectors listed below. This means that if you are a student visa holder working in one of these sectors, you are permitted to work more than 40 hours per fortnight to support the delivery of certain services during the pandemic. These sectors include:

  • An Approved Provider or Commonwealth-funded aged care service provider with a RACS ID or a NAPS ID. This applies to students employed with this provider prior to 8 September 2020.
  • A registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider. This applies to students employed with this provider prior to 23 April 2020.
  • The health sector. This only applies to students who are enrolled in a healthcare related course and are supporting the health effort against COVID-19, as directed by health officials.
  • The agriculture sector.
  • The tourism and hospitality sector.
  • A supermarket, or associated distribution facility, located in an area impacted by COVID-19 lockdown restrictions. Students may work more than 40 hours in these roles for the duration of the lockdown. 

Australia is full of job opportunities, but securing a job opportunity will depend on your attitude and the desire you have to work. Some students or travelers take a week or two to find work in Australia. Others may take a little longer, but ultimately most find work in a short period of time. The good thing about all of this is that you are not alone. We are here to help guide you by providing you with the most accurate and helpful information to make the process easy for you.

Work Certifications 


Some of Australia’s most popular industries require certifications or specific training to be completed in order to prove you have the skills and capability to do the job. These certifications are often required in the restaurant, hospitality, or construction industries, or if you are working with children. They are easy to obtain, and only require you to have access to a computer and a little time.

If you are interested in finding work in restaurants, bars or cafeteria, we provide you with all the necessary information here. 

There are also many job opportunities in the area of ​​construction, education, health, among others. 

Everything you need you will find in our blog.

Below is a list of some of the most common certificates required. And of course, if you require any further information, our friendly team is here to assist.

Tailoring your resume

Australia offers excellent employment opportunities, whether you are a student looking for some casual or part-time work to offset the costs of your study, or a graduate looking for full-time work upon finishing your studies. To give yourself the best chance of securing a job, it is important to put your best foot forward by tailoring your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to the job you are applying for. This means including skills, education, and work experience relevant to the job you want.

The best way to do this is to read through the required or recommended skills or knowledge stated in the job description (often called a position description) and include any of these skills that you possess on your resume. This will help highlight to the prospective employer why you are a good fit.

To provide you with the best opportunity of securing the job you want, and ensure that your CV ranks above the rest, we collated our top tips and tricks on how to tailor your resume from industry professionals and human resource (HR) representatives in Australia.

TFNs (Tax File Numbers) and ABNs(Australian business number)

A Tax File Number (TFN) is a unique identifier issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to each tax-paying person, company, partnership or trust. It is not compulsory for international students to hold a Tax File Number, however, it is recommended to avoid having a higher level of tax withheld from your wages. Many Australian banks also require you to hold a TFN in order to open a bank account.

Applying for a TFN is free and easy to do through the Australian Taxation Office website.

Australian Business Numbers (ABN) An Australian Business Number (ABN) is an identification number for the purpose of identifying your business in Australia. It is separate from a TFN and is used for several tax and business-related matters. You can find out more about TFNs and ABNs here.

Working Holiday Maker

If you are looking to travel to Australia for an extended period of time or to work in Australia while you travel, you may consider a Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 or 462)), also known as a WHV. These visas are applicable for people aged 18-30 from selected countries, or 18-35 for Canadian, French, or Irish citizens.

A Working Holiday Visa is a great option for young people to experience living, working, and studying in Australia. It allows you to do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your travels, study in Australia for up to four months, and travel to and from Australia as many times as you want during the validity of your visa (typically 12 months). You will also have the option to undertake three months of specified work to become eligible for a second Working Holiday Visa for up to further 12 months. Following this, if you meet certain eligibility including an additional three months of specified work, you may be eligible for a third Working Holiday Visa, giving you up to a total of three years in Australia on this visa type.

One of the main benefits of a Working Holiday Visa is the flexibility it provides by allowing you to combine work and study in Australia. In comparison, other visitor and tourist visa options are more restrictive. In most cases, these visa types do not allow you to work while in Australia, and are often granted for shorter periods of time of either 3, 6, or 12 months.

With a WHV, you can live and travel anywhere in Australia while earning money to help finance your trip. You can also undertake short-term study or training, as well as leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like during the term of the visa.

Work Visa - Qualified Visa (Skilled Visa)

A Skilled Visa, qualified visa (Skilled Visa) is commonly known as a Work Visa. It allows eligible applicants to qualify for temporary or permanent residence to Australia based on their skills, qualifications and/or experience in a nominated skilled occupation.

In some cases, a provisional visa can lead to a permanent residence visa if certain conditions are met. This provides an opportunity to live in Australia permanently. There are several qualified visa options available to choose from, each one designed for a particular purpose.

Click here to find out more about the skilled visa options available.